HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Great 40+ mile Tandem Route yesterday.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/13/14 1:53 PM

Great 40+ mile Tandem Route yesterday.

Met with a few folks on Tandems and a few singles along as well as a Fixed gear for this Bank Veronia Paved trail yesterday.

Elaine' longest bike ride to date. What a stoker she is! She did not appreciate the 7 mile mild climb, as mild as a climb can be on on a Tandem ;) I loved it myself.

Look at mile 13, where the railroad trestle bridge is missing and yo gotta go down and up. Almost made all the switchbacks with no dabs.. almost. Elaine blew up almost back up to the top on the return, so we walked up 200'. She walked, I ran up with the Tandem. ;)

Everybody else walked from the bottom both coming and going except us and the fixed guy[going]. We made that with one dab. He suffered up with 68 GI. I could not believe his power. But it took most of it out of him for the rest of the ride. He walked up on the return. Gratifying waiting at the top for everybody, reverse of last year's normal climbs for me.

He tried to stay out front with us on the 7 mile descent. But a 400+ lb tandem team not trying to go fast was over 25 all the way. He must have been going into orbit trying. New friend I made, Pat!

Got hot on the return, but @ 25-30 MPH and a lot of canopy, just sweet as could be. Return leg just a little faster than going north in the am. Just a little. ;)

http://toporoute.com/cgi-bin/bicycle.cgi?routeKey=QTRUVNLMOJOGXRM&calls=setPhysicalView,clearMetric,clearFollowRoad,setRouteLocked

Last edited by Sparky on 7/13/14 7:36 PM; edited 2 times in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

7/13/14 2:04 PM

Mile 13: Orange old RR path and trestle was in green circle.

It is 200' elevation in under 1/2 mile. So down 200, back up 200. So one mile for the whoop-de-do.

And for completeness, this show the blue paved trail we did with the tandem. Ad the yellow is the gravel grind that will be an ongoing Tuesday ride. Similar elevation. Slightly up all the way going, and a nice fast slight grade coming home. The gravel grinder had a few more steeper grades than the paved. In both directions in several places.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -