Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The comments!

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Chris Klaren

6/4/14 3:36 PM

The comments!

Makes me glad I don't live in Southern Cal:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/06/02/oc-cyclist-records-pickup-truck-driver-trying-to-run-him-off-road/#comments

Reply to topic    

dddd

6/4/14 5:32 PM

Living and commuting by bike in the San Fernando Valley, around 1992, I dealt with a few "vehicle occupant groups" who went too far, one came by apparently firing rounds from some kind of pneumatic or silenced gun. A few months later, a few guys were arrested, and later sentenced to prison for methodically videotaping themselves laughing hysterically while shooting paint rounds from their car at pedestrians, homeless people on benches, and cyclists, causing one to crash hard into a parked car. Their video collection was damning, they had many victims, many of whom never reported their assault.

Trucks and SUV's seem disproportionately represented among the vehicles involved with a variety of assaults and near-assaults against cyclists that I have witnessed.
"Me big, you small, take that ...".
You've got your assault-style weapons, your assault-style dogs, and you've got your assault-style vehicles too I guess.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -