HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Video: how to fix a flat tire as demonstrated by Lance
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

4/24/14 2:19 PM

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission ??

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

4/25/14 5:41 AM

I'm no UCI fan...

...but I'm willing to give the new Cookson regime time to make some real changes before completely giving up on the organization. If his promises turn out to be nothing but lip service, they're done for.

Reply to topic    

Andy M-S

4/30/14 6:32 PM

two can play...

http://9wmag.com/2014/04/29/flat/

Tom Price

4/30/14 9:35 PM

Good Chuckle

Thanks

Sparky

4/30/14 9:42 PM

As he scratches the shiet out of the crank with the chain. ;)

I think he should maybe marry LA and get it over...

Wink!

ErikS
Location: Slowing boiling over in the steamy south, Global Warming is real

5/1/14 3:49 AM

Gregg has guns, and a belly.

LA was more believable.

Matthew Currie

5/1/14 4:48 PM

I like checking the tire for pellets.

Reply to topic    

Andy M-S

5/1/14 8:05 PM

Pellets

Yeah, I thought that was a nice nod to insiders.

Brian Nystrom

5/2/14 5:32 AM

While he has better tire changing skills...

...Lemond's ongoing need to try to upstage Armstrong is really pathetic. Regardless of Lance being stripped of his TDF titles, Lemond never accomplished as much and he's not going to change that. Hopefully he'll eventually get over it and move on.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/2/14 9:24 AM

"Lemond's ongoing need to try to upstage Armstrong is really pathetic. "

Thus my comment...

"Hopefully he'll eventually get over it and move on."

All evidence to the contrary. you or anybody will have a hard time convincing me he was not juiced with the dope de jour either. Being I believe that, in my book he is as full of shit as any of them. Maybe more so due to the LA charades maybe...

Brian Nystrom

5/3/14 6:26 AM

I agree with you completely

There is no doubt in my mind that he was using whatever dope the rest of the peloton was on at the time. I have often said that "he doth protest too much". His self-serving, conceited and utterly ridiculous claim that he was such a superior athlete that he didn't need to dope to be competitive is a steaming pile of crap!

If he really cared about the sport, he'd come clean about what he and his generation of riders did. Until that happens, I will continue to view him as the bitter, jealous hypocrite that he is and have zero respect for him.

Last edited by Brian Nystrom on 5/4/14 9:23 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

Andy M-S

5/3/14 8:27 AM

I won't disagree with the probability that Lemond doped. But I will say that his reputation, or so I have heard from almost everyone, was that of a nice guy, where Lance came off as an ass.

Brian Nystrom

5/4/14 9:27 AM

They now seem to be...

...going in opposite directions. Lemond was a nice guy who's turned into a complete douche and Armstrong just may be vice-versa. ;-)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/4/14 10:52 AM

"If he really cared about the sport, he'd come clean about what he and his generation of riders did."

Which begs the question, will LA having done so make for any positive changes? I am thinking, not so much.

dddd

5/4/14 4:55 PM

I think that in order for anyone to be obligated to "come clean", that you first should be able to point to an "accusation of merit", not just your personal presumption.

Greg LeMond, as a 14-yr-old, was spanking cat-1 fields at major races, but of course he needed dope to do that?

And how can you now be saying that LeMond is or might be "becoming a complete d....", when you would have said that he already was some years ago?
So after all these years, now that Armstrong finally has confessed, the suddenly-proven truth of what LeMond was saying all along now makes him the villain?
Has he so offended your perceived reality?
I'm thinking more like an apology from Armstrong should have come already.
But then, Armstrong owes a lot of people apologies, not for being a doper in a doped field of top riders, but for all the lies, defamations, and etc.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

5/4/14 5:59 PM

Bike Tour Biz

>>Speaking of that, how is our resident Recreation/Bike Tours bizness owner doing ?

Drawing a blank on the user's name, such as my memory is... Smunderdog, had to google it up. ;(<<

I'll let you know, I'm in Indy week after next and just booked a tour!

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

5/5/14 5:39 AM

DDDD

Considering the widespread doping in the Lemond era, which was generally considered to be acceptable within the peloton, I simply don't believe that he or anyone else was clean.

I remember Lemond as a junior phenom, as I was racing back then, too. However, I don't recall him "spanking cat-1 fields" at age 14". I simply don't accept that he was as superior as he claims to be; his primary talent seems to be chest-thumping. As the saying goes: "The older I get, the better I was."

IMO, Lemond became a complete douche years ago and the fact that he was right about Armstrong doesn't change that. He still comes across as bitter and jealous and frequently sticks his foot in his mouth.

Of course Lance owes a lot of people apologies! He does seem to have tried to make some amends, but he still has a very long way to go. Even for those he has apologized to, it will take a while them to forgive him, if they ever do. If they don't, that's understandable as some of the damage he did is irreparable.

Sparky's question about whether Lance coming clean has/will be a good thing is an excellent point. However, I tend to feel that more information is better and that full disclosure is necessary for real, lasting change in the sport.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -