HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Saddle choice and position on saddle for longer rides
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/11/13 9:57 AM

Dan. Did you ride slammed one a road GEOM frame/bike, or a TT/Tri GEOM bike?

The last CyclePro Ti saddle I found used is more narrow then #1. It is very Councours shaped if anyone remembers those.

I am raising my saddle back up of late, having ridden with it lowered with the Femoral nerve thing going on so I could stay on the bike. I am finding the narrow saddle seem to work better for higher saddle adjustments..

The Scott I tossed together has the mast as part of the frame, and I need to cut it. But will try to sell it first before I do. But it really is too high, but got me raising the saddles on the other bikes back to what would be normal prior to the meralgia paresthetica annoyances.

I am actually pushing it a little higher then my normal as I found I climb better. Also I think my heals level/down normal position is not as conducive for climbing. The point being the saddle traits again a bit different as a result.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

7/11/13 10:30 AM

Road

I always rode a road bike with bars, never had a tt bike. I remember John Cobb describing a "slam back and high" position, that's pretty much how I rode.

Reply to topic    

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

7/11/13 10:36 AM

Next year I promise

You don't know how I am missing it....that TT was a ton of fun I am coming along and getting the itch for some intensity after a lot of base miles the last two weeks got in 11 hrs each of saddle time....may be able to get sign off to "race"...i.e. "participate" in cross this fall .....wait till next year!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/11/13 10:55 AM

Rick, great to read that...

On the slam, I pushed back on the saddle early doing it on the road bike. But I found my back was better after the fact on the 76^ STA bike. I was not really much faster on the 20k circuit I did mostly. It was good practice for riding guys off my wheel on the road rides though.. Fond memories...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Jesus Saves

7/13/13 6:28 AM

My choice is the sofa for longer rides...that is watching the TdF. Saddle comfort is very personal and takes some trial and error. Perhaps it is just a matter of your body reacclimating itself to longer rides and will correct itself in time.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -